Blogger Widgets

Thursday 8 November 2012

Vietnamese Fried Spring Roll


............... ?????? ......been thinking and thinking what should I start to say about my today post here........
In the end..........


Search a beautiful heart.. not a beautiful face....
Beautiful things are not always good,  
but good things are always beautiful


Every test in our life makes us bitter or better,
Every problem comes to make us or break us,
The choice is ours.. whether we become victim or victorious !!!



Vietnamese Fried Spring Roll
Recipe source from Adora's Box
(I made half portions only) 

Ingredients:
330g  minced pork
100g raw prawns, chopped  (I didn't add this)
1 small carrot, chopped
2 bunches of spring onions, cut into thin rounds
1 clove, garlic, crushed
1/2 c. soaked glass vermicelli, cut into 1" lengths
1/4 c. of soaked and chopped black fungus
1/4 c. chopped peanuts
1 1/2 tbsps. chopped coriander leaves
1 1/2 tbsps. fish sauce
2 tbsps. brown sugar
2 tbsps. corn flour
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
rice paper sheets
cooking oil for frying

Method:

Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, except for the rice paper and the cooking oil, and mix thoroughly. Place one rice sheet (do this one at a time so they don't stick together) in a dish with warm water for 30 seconds. Make sure both sides are wet. Take out of the water and lay on a clean kitchen cloth to absorb the excess moisture. 

Put a heaping tablespoon of filling on one side of the wrapper, pat into a long shape and fold over. Fold the two sides towards the center and roll tightly. Do not soak the rice paper too much. It is difficult to handle when it's too soft. Like cling film, it sticks to itself.

Deep fry, a few pieces at a time for about 4 minutes.
Do not try to separate them if they stick to each other in the pan because this will cause the spring roll to come apart. Leave it to cook that way. It is ready when it is crisp and blistered. Leave to cool for a few minutes before cutting into bite sized pieces.
Serve with lettuce, coriander and mint leaves.

To eat this, wrap a few pieces in a lettuce leaf, add some coriander and mint, dip in the sauce.





If you like the special sweet garlic & chilli dipping sauce to go with this fried spring roll, please go to Adora's Box.
I didn't make the dipping sauce, instead I go with the easy chilli sauce only.


 


 

15 comments:

  1. Try with the dipping sauce next time, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really....? Because I was lazy so I thought I opt out to make the sauce. Well sometimes the sauce do makes alot of difference in there, right?

      Delete
  2. Adoi mak, Mel! I love Vietnamese fried spring rolls. Just had lunch only, now my mouth twitching for spring rolls! I must go and find rice paper sheets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong...
      Hee...hee....you make me laugh!! Are u able to find rice paper sheets at your place?

      Delete
  3. 食物太美味了!
    什么也不必多说,
    大家赶快开动就可以了!咔咔~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look so delicious! I think I could eat a few, no problem! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mel, finally you brought your rice paper. Your fried Vietnamese roll look delicious. I've not try the fried version. The filling look mouth watering. yum yum

    Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel, they look delicious from the picture! I tried to deep fried once when I make my Vietnamese spring rolls but the skin didn't turn out crispy. I guess have to eat them when they are hot! So now, when I make them, I won't fry anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel, I love deep fried spring rolls...absolutely delicious...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mel, such a good and meaningful start to this post. Something different and refreshing.

    This is a great welcome starter for a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mel,
    i likeeee Vetnamese Spring Rolls,
    Yours look so delicious!
    I made some too last week but did not post heehee
    mui..^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. We always order Vietnamese spring rolls when we eat pho. My kids love them! I made Japanese spring rolls and we just had the leftover for lunch. I guess you can tell we love spring rolls. Heheh. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, i saw these in your fb the other day and now just realised that it's deep fried. is it as crunchy as the normal popiah rolls? They look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lena,
      It wasnt really that crunchy as like our normal popiah. I think it is better to eat it as it is after soaked and add filling in it.

      Delete